First sent on ERIC KIM NEWSLETTER:
Dear strettogs, simple assignment for this week:
Go out and shoot ‘socially distant’ street photos (at least one bus length away), with your face mask on.
And then upload your best photos to arsbeta.com
The brave new world of street photography
Robert Capa once said:
“If your photos aren’t good enough, you’re not close enough.”
If your photos aren’t good enough, you’re too close.
This means observe the ‘one bus length away’ (30 foot rule) in street photography. Put on your face mask, and go out and shoot. Use this opportunity to experiment with a longer lens (maybe try a 50mm like Henri Cartier Bresson). Use this chance to practice making good photo compositions from a distance (like Garry Winogrand).
What do you got? Go out and shoot, and upload your best photos to ARS >
Also, give honest feedback to others in the community, so we can all thrive together.
New tools and motivation
- Creative Tools in HAPTIC SHOP (also see all products in AMAZON).
- ERIC KIM PODCAST (Spotify, Apple Podcasts)
- New YouTube Videos >
- New Blog Posts >
What I’m reading
Some book recommendations:
What I’m thinking
- The philosophy of ugliness
- Towards a harder society (sociology). Wondering why our society is so soft?
- You can only ever become yourself … why become anyone else? [How I became me]
- The rolling stone gathers no moss (Publilius Syrus)
- Burn your boats behind you (the gist is you gotta keep moving forward)
- That which attempts to kill me only makes me stronger (Nietzsche).
Don’t miss out this upcoming weekend, saturday, June 27th (12-2pm Eastern Time):
(How to master marketing in photography, how to build a loyal following, and how to build your own photographic platform).
BRAVE ON FRIENDS!👊
Get free email assignments and motivation on ERIC KIM NEWSLETTER here. ✌️✌️✌️.