The point of simplifying your life isn’t in order to become a more ‘virtuous’ person. To simplify your life is a highly pragmatic matter:
The more you simplify your life, the more you can maximize your personal creative productivity.
Do what is maximally beneficial to you.
The biggest problem:
We often strive towards minimalism and simplicity as a form of ‘virtue flexing’.
What I mean is this:
We should not strive to simplify our lives in order to seem like “good” and economical people. We should strive to simplify our lives because it is the maximally beneficial mode of living for ourselves.
What simplifies your life for the better?
For example, I prefer to live in a minimalist apartment and not own a car because it helps me focus on my creative work (write, think, walk, photograph, powerlift).
And this is my thought:
In order to MAXIMIZE your productivity, you must SIMPLIFY your life to the maximum as well!
- Minimum Viable Technology
- Why I Hate Heavy Cameras
- Minimalist Photography
- Why Less is More in Street Photography (and Life)
- Less, But Better
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 7th, 2020: ERIC KIM BLOGGING MASTER CLASS (Online, via Zoom). [Register Intent Here]
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.