What else do you need?
Roma Norte: for living (get your daily bread at Rosetta, or a great espresso at ‘Alma Negra’)
Condesa: for hanging out/partying/coffee (Blend Station)
Polanco: for fancy food (Dolce Patria) and the best Cochinita Pibil (El Turix– order the ‘panucho’– deep-fried taco).
Ideal for digital nomads
- Relatively cheap cost of living
- Great startup culture (my favorite place to work is ‘Blend Station’). Ubiquitous wifi (not as fast as Vietnam, but good enough)
- Great food
- Great youth culture
Great for street photography
- People are incredibly friendly, and not anti-camera or anti-photo
- Parents aren’t paranoid about you photographing their kids
- Tons of street life and people
- Great colors
My favorite places to eat/drink/work
- Meroma (Roma Norte)
- Rosetta (Roma Norte)
- Lunch special for Picanha (Brazilian BBQ at Fogo de Chau)
- Street tacos (cochinita pibil at El Turix in Polanco)
- Best place for fresh bread: Rosetta (bread stand)
- Best place to work: Blend Station (Condesa)
- Best place to have coffee (Alma Negra, Roma Norte)
- Favorite fancy meal: Dolce Patria (Polanco)
- Favorite Market: Mercado Medelin (Roma Sur) — get the Carnitas and Chiccharon inside the meat market.
- Fonda Fina (Roma Norte): Best and affordable ‘fancy Mexican’ restaurant.
Go to Mexico City!
If you love new experiences, go to Mexico City; it will change your life!
Travel Photography 101
- Traveling as a Means to Discover More of Yourself
- Via Negativa Traveling
- Heavy, Bulky, and Big is Bad
- Travel Photography Project Ideas
- What Should I Pack Before a Photography Trip?
- How to Get into a Travel Mindset
- My Favorite 20 Travel Street Photography Cities
Travel Photography City Guides
- New York City Street Photography Tips by ERIC KIM
- Istanbul Street Photography Tips
- ERIC KIM HANOI GUIDE
Travel Photography Articles
- My Favorite Travel Street Photography Equipment
- Why I Love Traveling
- 10 Tips How to Take Better Travel Photos
- Life Lessons I’ve Learned Living Abroad and on the Road for the Last 2 Years
- How to Make Better Travel Pictures
- 10 Travel Hacks
- 25 Travel Photography Tips For Beginners
- Will Traveling Make You a Better Photographer?
- Why Travel?
- How to Travel as a Photographer With Family
- Economy of Movement
- On Travel and Street Photography
- 10 Tips For Traveling and Shooting Street Photography
Travel photography tips video
Unleash your creative potential:
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.