- Multiple subjects
- Getting close
- Stark monochrome
- Unique panoramic vision
- Simplicity of images and compositions
- Low angle + wide-angle (to exaggerate height and grandeur of subjects)
- Extreme abstraction
- Some photos which are out-of-focus are very effective.
- Spacing between subjects
- Arabesque (curve) composition
- Purity of artistic vision
Also you can download at:
Josef Koudelka as one of the greats.
Personally I love him because:
- His longevity (shooting well into his 80’s, whereas Henri Cartier-Bresson gave up after around 30 years of photographing).
- Koudelka’s extreme passion, focus, and refusal to compromise his life or photography. The ultimate artist.
- Koudelka’s personal evolution. From 25mm [Gypsies] to 35mm to 50mm [Exiles], to shooting panoramic landscapes [Chaos]. Even now, shooting digital medium format panoramic landscapes (Koudelka not being romantic about film vs digital).