The RICOH GR III is a great camera, and a worthy sequel to the RICOH GRII.
Download ZIP of Ricoh GR III PHOTOS:
Thoughts off the dome
- Smaller than RICOH GRII, which is great. More pocketable, lighter. When in doubt, optimize for ultralight.
- Super super fast and responsive. The buffering speed is 1000x better than the Ricoh GR II — this alone is worth the upgrade. If you own a Ricoh GR II, I recommend upgrading to the Ricoh GR III.
- High contrast JPEG monochrome mode is super beautiful. The aesthetics that come out of camera from GR 3 are phenomenal. No longer need to shoot in RAW; all JPEG on the GR 3 is legit.
- A bit sad that there is no longer integrated flash, but I will make do without.
- The video is very good! I plan on recording more high contrast monochrome videos, and perhaps will do some sort of series with it.
- USB-C charging is super useful. I can charge the GR3 with the same cable for my MacBook Pro. USB-C is the future!
Ricoh GR III 1080p video
Testing in 24fps, 30fps, and 60fps:
Should I buy the Ricoh GR 3?
Yes. If you own a GR2, I recommend buying the GR3 as well.
RICOH GR III as the (current) king of best ‘standalone’ digital camera.
The GR 3 is the new king in the ‘standalone digital photography’ camera world.
To be honest, I wouldn’t even think about it. Just buy it. I’ve been so unimpressed with all the other digital cameras which have come out recently; the RICOH GR III is the best thing happening right now. I know I can personally say that even the very brief time I’ve had to shoot with it, I already feel like I am having so much fun again in photography!
#RICOHMAFIA for life!
ERIC KIM x #RICOHMAFIA
Optimized creative tools for RICOH GR II & III — from HAPTIC INDUSTRIES: