The streettogs academy page is growing and bustling as we continue with our 6th assignment. To those who joined and have been there since the 1st assignment, thank you all! Our editor’s choice for Assignment No. 5, Enamul Kabir Rony got a simple theme for us today. It is straight forward but there are many possible interpretations:
In Enamul’s words:
Direction can be described in many ways like looks, body gesture’s direction, hand direction etc.
And I agree. We can show where someone is going, someone is pointing, or where someone just came. Think of how you can show direction than just showing signs or arrows. Think creatively on how you can execute our assignment. Show things that will invoke the word direction!
As usual, think outside of the box and show your best 2 images that you can come up with!
Here are the mechanics:
- Upload your photos interpreting the theme on the designated assignment album in the facebook page
- No words and captions, just your name, and place where you took the photo.
- On the comment on your own photo, post a link to your site (flickr, tumblr, webpage etc.) so that your photo would easily appear on the group’s feed. (Please do it only once)
- Feel free to use film, digital, instant film, mobile phones, etc. Any Camera will do
- Keep the file appropriate for web viewing (at least 72 dpi), no need for hi-resolution.
Other things to know:
- We encourage you to shoot during the duration of the 2 weeks instead of raiding your archives.
- It should go without saying but please post photos that you own.
- This assignment will run from Nov. 19 to Dec. 3 2014
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions or clarifications in the group page.
- Be open to learning, get up to the challenge, and of course have fun doing it!