We always push for people to keep on practicing and developing your skills and your eye. We also believe in having a passionate group of people helping each other to become good with this passion of ours. With that in mind, we are launching a new initiative here on the blog: Streettogs Academy.
A bi-weekly challenge for all of us to sharpen our skills and get us moving. For the first week, Eric and I will come up with a theme. We will give you 2 weeks to come up with 1 to 3 street photographs that you will upload on a designated album in our new Streettogs: Academy Facebook.
Who is this for?
This is open to anyone who wants to further develop skills in street photography. Perhaps you are in a creative rut and what to do something different. If you want to have a change of pace, you might want to try to take on the assignments that will be given. Or who knows, you might even get an idea or two shooting the assignments and it might lead to a personal project.
Here are the mechanics:
- Upload your photos interpreting the theme in the designated assignment album!
- No words and captions, just your name, and place where you took the photo.
- On the comment on your own photo, post a link to your site (flickr, tumblr, webpage etc.) so that your photo would easily appear on the group’s feed. (Please do it only once)
- Feel free to use film, digital, instant film, mobile phones, etc.
- Keep the file appropriate for web viewing (at least 72 dpi), no need for hi-resolution.
Other things to know:
- We encourage you to shoot during the duration of the 3 weeks instead of raiding your archives.
- It should go without saying but please post photos that you own.
Join us at the Streettogs Academy Facebook Group and Check out the First Assignment!