Take a cheap Carnival cruise — I liked the 7 Day Panorama Mexico one. Some hacks:
- Order 8 steaks at the sit down dining.
- Go to the gym everyday (they have 100 pound dumbbells!) The hot sauna is also very good.
- Stop by all the places early, and come back early.
- Don’t use Wi-Fi onboard. Disconnect for a week.
- Bring your laptop and make some ebooks or e-zines. iPhone is quite useless without Wi-Fi. Laptop is the GOAT when it comes to offline computing.
- Guy Fieri burger bar very good. My record is 12 Patties (ask them to just give you burger Patties). Eat with mustard and pickled Jalepenos.
- Bring a GoPro. Very fun! Shoot ultra wide (super wide), GoPro hero 10 (1080p, 60fps).
- Shoot street photography on the cruise ship and off the cruise ship.
- The Library room on the cruise ship is very zen.
- When you go offshore and go to the beach and water, easiest to just swim in your boxer briefs (Exofficio boxer briefs).
- Cabo, Mexico is actually super nice. The beach and water is even more beautiful than Hawaii!!
- Don’t get suckered by excursions. Just get off the ship, walk or call an Uber somewhere (works well in Mexico).
More cruise thoughts