Simple ideas to get you going:
- Spend a day shooting photos only on your phone, and explore all the filters in the default iPhone/Apple Photos app, or the default filters in Google Photos.
- Spend a day shooting only creative selfies of yourself. Selfies of yourself in a mirror, your reflection, etc.
- If you have the urge to buy a new camera or lens, buy a new photography book instead. For new photographic inspiration and motivation, buying books not gear is the way.
- If you’re lacking motivation to make new photos, start shooting videos instead! Shoot lots of random video clips and drag them into imovie and export them as a ‘life vlog‘ of your video photograph snapshots. Best way I would describe it as “creative snapchat like” photo-videos.
- Take some photos of yours which you like, and glitch and apply fun and creative filters to your images to re-imagine them in novel ways.
- To give feedback on the photos of others is also creative. Upload your best photos and provide feedback on arsbeta.com
- If you got a standalone digital camera, choose a jpeg filter you like and stick with it for a month, as a way to cultivate an artistic style. I like high contrast monochrome and cross process filter on RICOH GR III.