Get the people going and moving:
1. To become part of a pre-existing market, or to create a *new* market?
Silicon Valley talks a lot about ‘product-market fit’ which means:
Make sure your product fits your desired market.
But the problem:
What if the market doesn’t yet exist?
Then in this case, you utilize your Nietzscheian will to *CREATE* a new market. What I did for street photography and street photography workshops. When I started this blog in 2010, the thought of being a ‘full-time’ street photographer was a non-concept. I thought it was very impractical to make a ‘full time living’ from photography. But I just got lucky — I made this blog, got made redundant from my job in 2011, and in 2011, I decided to pursue this blog and workshops full-time. And I have succeeded the last 9 years!
How did I win? Simple:
I am insanely passionate about photography, street photography, blogging, sharing ideas/wisdom/lessons.
I then just don’t censor myself. I keep streaming myself, my thoughts and ideas. It is easy to me!
2. How to create a new market
How much do you care?
If you care a shit-load, then just keep doing it. Simple as that. Brutal force.
If you are starting off from zero or scratch, I still feel that blogging is the way. 90% of your focus on blogging, and 10% on YouTube. Best for people to discover you ‘organically’ through Google Search, YouTube search, or from word-of-mouth.
And go *BEYOND* ‘search engine optimization’. Go for ‘cHuman Optimization (HO), *NOT* Search Engine Optimization (SEO)‘. Create things that would be optimally useful for REAL HUMAN BEINGS!
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.