Right now things are a bit shitty, but I wanted to use this chance to re-spark and re-motivate you.
- Selfie photography project at home – if you’re stuck indoors, shoot selfies of yourself. Use your ‘standalone digital camera’ and just point it towards yourself. Do it in the bathroom, in the mirror, wherever. you don’t need to share these photos with anyone. You cannot refuse yourself.
- If you can, walk around the block — no need to go far. Just take your camera [leave your phone at home] and walk around the block and shoot anything you find interesting. Walk slowly, take your time! Shoot trees, plants, cars, urban landscapes, nature, people, whatever!
- Review your old photos: use this chance to re-organize your photo collection. Make a new folder called ‘portfolio 2020’ and select your best photos of all time, and copy it into there. Also use this chance to think: “What are my personal top 2 photos of all-time?”, and rank them accordingly. For myself, my favorite photos of all-time include my ‘dark skies over Tokyo’ man, then my laughing lady photo.
- Read and study: Use this time to study the masters, or cuddle up with a nice photo book in your collection! Or read any of my free books.
- Upload photos to arsbeta.com and start giving honest critique to other photographers.
when life gives you lemons, paint that shit gold!
A stoic approach to life:
We cannot control what happens to us, but we can control how we respond.
Use this opportunity to create!
NEW TURBO THOUGHTS
YOU GOT THIS!