Practical, fun, and creative photography assignments to reinspire you:
- Shoot everything at -2 exposure compensation for a day.
- Shoot everything prefocused to .7 meters (3 feet) for an entire week.
- Only shoot with an iPad or tablet for a weekend.
- Only shoot JPEG for a month (not to get distracted with RAW and post processing).
- Only shoot tilted horizons (Dutch angle) for a week.
- Shoot photos of all the food you eat for a week, but make the food look disgusting (try using a flash).
- Everyday, shoot one artistic selfie of yourself in the mirror, of your shadow, only using the front-facing lens.
- Only take photos inside your home for a weekend.
- Buy 4 disposable film cameras, and shoot an entire roll of film every week (finish 1 camera per week), and then print out all your photos, and make a small photo album of your favorite photos at the end.
- Make a magazine (“zine”) using blurb.con with your favorite 30 photos. Print 10 copies, and give them away for free to friends, family, and your photography colleagues.
- Make a photography slideshow with your favorite 100 photos (2 seconds per photo) and upload it to YouTube.
- Start your own photography website portfolio, blog, or YouTube channel.
- Imitate a famous master photographer for a month.
- Trace and sketch your favorite photographs with the iPad or iPhone and Procreate app
- Delete your Instagram, and start all over again (or better yet, keep your Instagram deleted) and focus on building your own website.
More inspirational street photography assignments with STREET HUNT >