If you’re a street photographer hungry for inspiration, try out these assignments:
- Shoot opposite: when you see a good street photography opportunity, turn around and shoot in the opposite direction.
- Use your phone, and only shoot close-up macro photos of people’s eyes for a day.
- Prefocus your lens to .7 meters, and only shoot at that distance for a month.
- Only shoot street photography on a film camera for a month.
- Everyday, you’re only allowed to shoot 3 street photographs. Do this for a week.
- Copy the style of a street photographer whose style you don’t like for a week.
- On a Saturday, shoot 100 street photographs, all with a flash.
- Only shoot urban landscapes for a week, without people.
- Only shoot street portraits for a month. All the street photographs need to be shot with permission.
- Shoot street photography for an entire day, with headphones on, and keep the same song on repeat.
- Lock up all your cameras, and only shoot street photography on your phone for a month.
- Don’t upload any photographs for 10 months, and at the end of those 10 months, only upload your favorite 10 street photographs.
Unleash your creative potential:
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.