Youngjae wants us to photograph the invisible. For this month’s assignment, it’s going to be wind!
(Details of joining and more info after the jump!)
I am following David Alan Harvery’s fb page, I came across one of his posts a few weeks ago (link for the post here). I was struck by his image showing the wind. We all know that the wind is invisible and we can’t really CATCH it. But the image showed that it existed and we could FEEL it. That image has been stuck in my mind since then. It would be really interesting to see how all streettogs including myself in our group interpret this assignment and use their creative vision to show the wind in their images.
Here are the mechanics:
- Upload your photos interpreting the theme on the designated assignment album in the facebook page
- No words and captions, just your name, and place where you took the photo.
- On the comment on your own photo, post a link to your site (flickr, tumblr, webpage etc.) so that your photo would easily appear on the group’s feed. (Please do it only once)
- Feel free to use film, digital, instant film (polaroid/instax), mobile phones, etc. Any Camera will do
- Keep the file appropriate for web viewing (at least 72 dpi), no need for super hi-resolution.
Other things to know:
- We encourage you to shoot during the duration of the 3 WEEKS instead of raiding your archives.
- It should go without saying but please post photos that you own.
- This assignment will run from APR 16 – MAY 7, 2016
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions or clarifications in the group page.
- Be open to learning, get up to the challenge, and of course have fun doing it!
At the end of the 3 weeks we will have an editor’s choice, picked by Eric and myself, and a community’s choice which garners the most reactions from the community through likes and comments. We will feature the selections on a post here on the blog. The Winner of the editor’s choice, gets to pick the theme for the next assignment!
If you want additional info about the Streettogs Academy, check my introductory post here
For those who want join the group and take on the assignments, Click on to the Streettogs Academy Facebook Page