A lot of us, myself included, waited until we got “discovered.” We have pipe dreams of having someone “discover” our talent.
I remember as a kid, I would stand in a line and wait to get “picked” for the kickball team. When I was a fat kid at age 11, I was often chosen last. That shit hurt.
I always wanted to become “famous” in my photography, to get admiration for my photos.
But I sat and waited. Nobody ever chose me. Nobody picked me to get a magazine feature. Nobody gave me a book deal.
One day, I figured:
What if I build a blog, and I can interview other photographers?
To me, this was a great idea. I knew how it sucked not being chosen. I wanted to build a platform to help promote other talented photographers. And funny enough, it became a good selfish strategy. Why? The more I interviewed other photographers, the more I built my name. And now, ERIC KIM is all on the brain of the web, even though a lot of people think he is insane.
Pick yourself. Don’t second doubt yourself.
Build your own magazine. Print your own zine. Self publish your own photo book.
Build your own empire. Start your own website.
Start your own printing company, like Cindy did with HAPTIC PRESS. You can never build wealth if you don’t have 100% control over your shit.
Even now, I don’t wait until companies front me to offer me to teach workshops or give talks. I just go out and do them.
The benefits of owning yourself and choosing yourself: you have more control over your fate.
You build equity in yourself. You build your own name.
Don’t you want to promote your own name, not the name of others, or other companies?
How do you choose or pick yourself?
I ain’t gonna sit on the sidelines, and wait until someone chooses me. Rather, I’m gonna invent my own game, and choose myself as the MVP.
Start your own business of yourself.
If you want to make a living (or a killing) from photography, download:
KEYS TO SUCCESS
Table of Contents
Learn how to make a living from your passion:
- Preface. BRAVE NEW WORLD OF PHOTOGRAPHY
- Chapter 1. How to Create Value
- Chapter 2. ZEN CAPITALISM
- Chapter 3. Scarcity
- Chapter 4. How to Brand Yourself
- Chapter 5. How to Build a True Following
- Chapter 6. The Blueprint to Success in Photography
- Chapter 7. HOW TO BE BOLD
- Chapter 8. How to Sell Out
- Chapter 9. GO AGAINST THE GRAIN
- Chapter 10. EXTREME ABUNDANCE
- Chapter 11. Photography Experience Economy
- Chapter 12. Why You Should Make Money for Your Photography
- Chapter 13. How to Become a Famous Photographer
Photography Business 101
How to Make Money with Photography
- How to Charge More Money in Your Photography
- Why You Should Not Pursue Photography as Career
- Can Photography Make You Rich?
- How I Earn $200,000+ a Year From Photography
- How to earn $10,000 a month as a photographer
- Why you must be an expensive photographer
Photography Marketing 101
- Why You Should Do Photography Work For Free
- How I Became an Internet Famous Photographer
- Photography Blogging Ideas
- Why You Should Promote Your Own Name
- How to Build a Following
- How to Stand Out as a Photographer.
- HOW TO GO VIRAL AS A PHOTOGRAPHER.
- How to Master Marketing
- How to Sell Yourself
How to Hustle.
- Entrepreneurial Advice to My 18 Year Old Self
- How to Become Insanely Productive.
- 5 Lessons From Hesiod on Hustling
- It is Better to Beg For Forgiveness Than Ask For Permission
- The Free Way to Become Rich
- JUST DO IT.
- 7 Steps: How to Make a Living From Your Passion
- How to Do What You Love for a Living
- How to Create an MVP (Minimum Viable Product)
- How to Fail Big
- How to Invest in Yourself
- How to Be Bold in Photography and Life
- Mission: Cover Your Rent and Food
- 1,000 True Fans
- The “10x Principle”: The Only Difference Between “Success” and “Failure”
- Make More Value Not Money
- We Live in a Photo Utopia
How to be a Full-time Photographer
- How to Make a Living From Photography
- The 3 Principles of Making Money With Photography
- Advice for Aspiring Full-Time Photographers
- Don’t Go Into Debt For Your Photography
- How to Brand Yourself as a Photographer
- Trust: The Most Important Thing You Need to Succeed as a Photographer
- How to become rich from photography blogging
- How to Make a Living with Blogging
- 50 Blogging Tips For Beginners
- How to Start Your Own Photography Blog
- A Photographer’s Guide to SEO, Blogging, and Social Media
How to Teach Photography
- How to Become a Photography Teacher
- How to Teach a Street Photography Class
- Why I Teach Street Photography Workshops
- Why I Deleted My Instagram
- The Social Media Blackbook for Photographers
- Why Do You Need More Likes or Followers?
- Instagram is Going to Be the Next Facebook
- Don’t Trust “Free” Photography Social Networks