In today’s brave new world… let us not get fooled:
Don’t get suckered by the news and media.
Why? It is in the best interest of the news to maximize their advertising dollars.
Also, let us be concerned and wary how Disney owns pretty much all the media— which indoctrinates us, our children, etc:
Developed by TitleMax.com
A brief list of some of the notable ownings by Disney:
Essentially Disney owns:
- ESPN (80% stake)
- Touchstone Pictures
- Marvel (all the new Marvel movies!!)
- Lucasfilm (Stars Wars and beyond)
- The History Channel (50% equity holding with the Hearst Corporation)
- Pixar (!!!)
- Vice media (10% stake)
Do you recognize these brands or films?
The trickier things — the recognizable brands and film franchises Disney owns includes:
- Star Wars
- The Muppets
- The Marvel Cinematic Universe (all the marvel films)
- All the Disney Princess/Prince films
- Pirates of the Caribbean
- All Pixar films
- All Winnie the Pooh films
- Indiana Jones films
Also note how Viacom CBS owns sooooo much of the mainstream media:
- Paramount Home Entertainment
- BET Films
- Comedy Central Films
- Nickelodeon (note how Nick Cannon got fired for his recent controversial statements)
- Miramax (49% with beIN Media Group— a Qatar based company)
- CBS News
- The CW
- Comedy Central
- Smithsonian Channel
- TV Land
- All the Nickelodeon shows
- Channel 5
The skinny is this:
Be very skeptical of these mega-corporations which essentially .. subtly prime us to think certain ways.
Become the change which you desire to see manifested in the world!
Never stop innovating: “Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship“.
- What is Your Dream in Life?
- 8 Blogging Productivity Tips
- Why Be Normal?
- How Much Suffering Are You Willing to Endure to Achieve Your Dreams?
Put a Dent in the Universe.