To me the apex human condition is a state of flow; when you feel god-like, or a demi-god of artistic creativity and flowing.
What is ‘flow’?
Flow; when you are so in the zone you forget about everything else in the world. You become one with your creative work. You no longer ‘create’ art works, you just flow them out of you.
Why get into a state of flow?
How I do it
- Do not strive for perfection or even ‘good’
- Just publish it
- Publish it as you go
- Create as you go
- Move and walk a lot
- Workout a lot
- First thing in the morning, ice cold shower, strong black coffee, ice cold water, and start your creative work. No email, phone or any distractions.
In fact, probably the best life hack to never exit your state of flow is simple: don’t have a phone (or just keep it turned off, unless you need to use it).
State of flow as a physiological phenomenon
To achieve flow, you need first to start with the body. Flow is both a bodily *AND* mental phenomenon.
Practical physiological ideas:
- The best creative work is done while moving, dancing, or walking.
- Intermittent fasting. Don’t break your fast until sundown (like Ramadan).
- Lots of water and black coffee during the day. After dinner, no coffee or caffeine.
Unleash your creative potential:
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.