Something I’ve realized about photos, art, images, and design:
What is most important is the dynamic energy the image sparks!
My current muses:
- Car design
- Animal design (sharks, Eagles, leopards, and other apex predators).
What I do:
- Screenshot or save images which excite me
- Trace and sketch the image (roughly) in Procreate on iPad.
- Use any random color I like.
Mother Nature has certainly created some impressive animals — optimized for strength, speed, and agility.
Studying animal design— some observations:
- A passenger plane looks like a Shark
- The grille of fierce sports cars looks like the fangs or teeth of predator animals.
- The best proportions of cars mimic predator animals.
Sketch to understand
The more we sketch, study, and dissect, the deeper we understand!
Gist, emotion, and mood — not accuracy.
When I sketch or trace images, I put in dynamic and kinetic force into my illustrations — NOT accuracy.
I want to sketch how an image feels, not what it looks like.