Listen to your body more than your mind
More wisdom in the body than the mind.
Why does the mind exist?
“The mind is the play thing of the body!” – Nietzsche
Does the body exist for the sake of the mind, or does the mind exist for the sake of the body?
From a biological perspective, it seems evident that the mind was created AFTER the body.
The purpose of the mind is to help the body procure food and necessities for life/living. The mind is like an “add on” for the body.
The body is king.
Thus it seems that whenever we have mental problems, perhaps it is because we have bodily problems. In other words, perhaps mental issues are actually rooted in physiological problems.
So perhaps instead of engaging in mental therapy, we should engage more in physical activity. I’d imagine if you took a depressed person and got them to walk 4 hours a day, start weight lifting, and eat a non-sugar/starch diet, and abstain from drugs –their mental faculties should improve.
How to make the body thrive
Some basic ideas:
- Ketogenic diet (no sugar, starch, fruit, carbohydrates, dairy, cheese). Only meat, fish, eggs, protein, and bitter greens
- Intermittent fasting (no breakfast or lunch). No snacking
- Abstain from drugs (soft and hard drugs)
- Weight lifting (powerlifting style, with Deadlift, Squats, Dumbell press).
- Walking a lot, and standing as much as possible.
When in doubt, prioritize your body.