It seems in street photography, the best way to develop is to shoot more photos which you consider daring — daring compositionally, daring in terms of your personal fear, and daring in terms of upsetting others.
- When you see someone you want to photograph but feel scared, ask for permission. Better to ask for permission and get rejected than not ask at all.
- When in doubt, get closer to your subjects.
- Photograph more people who scare yet fascinate you.
- When approaching and interacting with stingers, if you’re nervous — compliment them, and also tell them you’re nervous.
- Experiment with flash, wide angle lenses, and daring new compositions.
Risk more, to make better photos!