In my never-ending quest to simplify my photographic workflow (and also my life workflow) — I’ve discovered that Apple Photos is actually a very strong alternative to Adobe Lightroom (or perhaps– even superior?)
Benefits of Apple Photos over Adobe Lightroom
- Faster: Loads photos faster when scrolling through images
- Simpler: Superfluous functions are taken away; stripped down to the essentials.
- Simpler workflow: I like the simple ‘heart’ or ‘favorite’ ❤️ icon as a way to quickly ‘flag’ (select your best photos).
- Simpler ways to process your photos (I really like the Apple Photos ‘Light’ function to adjust the brightness of your images– it works very well!)
- Free: Included with Mac, iPhone, iPad. The frustration with always having to login to Adobe Lightroom — and having to pay a monthly subscription fee.
Why not as much love for Apple Photos?
A lot of people look down on Apple photos because it isn’t “pro” enough.
Truth be told, it seems that Apple Photos does at least 85% of what Adobe Lightroom can do, but it simplifies your photographic workflow process, while allowing you to view, post-process, and export your photos faster and simpler!
I honestly think that Apple Photos is one of the most underrated tools for Apple/Mac/iPhone/iPad. This piece of software alone is worth the investment in any Apple device — and it’s free!
I plan on using more of Apple photos for my photographic workflow, and will keep you updated!