Photography must be fun, or else it isn’t worthwhile. Here are some fun photography tips for you:
Shoot selfies of yourself, and have fun with mirrors. Shoot several photos while looking in different directions (into the lens, away from the lens) and also experiment with shooting with a flash.
2. Photograph food you find delicious
Don’t worry whether others like what you eat or not; simply photograph foods which you consider delicious in your own eyes!
3. Don’t strive to make perfect photos; strive to just keep shooting!
Children play for fun; they keep playing indefinitely. And they stop playing a game when they’re not having fun.
So it seems the question is:
If you consider photography as a game, how do you keep it fun and interesting to you?
- Increase the difficulty (shoot more challenging or scary photos; street photography)
- Novelty: Shoot in different neighborhoods in your town, or travel!
- Experimentation: Shoot with and without flash, and expedient with new post processing styles.
- Never stop making new photos! Making new photos is the best fuel to keep you inspired!
Keep photography fun! Switch up your style, aesthetics, and approach.
- Why do kids play?
- How do they keep things fun and interesting to them?
- How can we maximize our own fun in our own photographic and creative output?