Huge fan of the new Leica Q2. Some quick thoughts:
Build and design
First impressions on Leica Q2:
- Build quality is very good. Love the thumb rest design (it doesn’t need an additional “thumbs up” attachment).
- The simplified UI/UX is fantastic and works very well.
- For $5k, the value is actually quite good in terms of what you get.
- Might be a good to get a second-hand Q1 (to save money).
- If you have a Q1, not worth upgrading to Q2.
- Really like the new battery and SD cart slot design. Beautifully and elegantly done.
- The EVF isn’t really necessary — just shoot with the LCD screen.
- Good balance and proportions of the camera.
Overall, it seems like a perfect camera. Not much I’d change — besides getting rid of the tiny red on/off dot, switching the buttons in the back from squares to rectangles, and making the shutter dial a bit stiffer.
But overall — huge congrats to Leica for making a great new product/upgrade.
Will do more testing and share my thoughts with you!
Learn more: EQUIPMENT >