Simple photo project to pursue:
- Shoot with and without a flash (choose the photos you prefer)
- Use Lightroom to process your photos to increase the contrast of your textures. I like to play with the ‘blacks’, ‘whites’, lower the shadows, and increase contrast to max to make the textures look more dramatic.
- Generally speaking, I find the texture quality when shooting on a ‘standalone digital camera’ at least 10x better than smartphone cameras. I find the RICOH GR II (in macro mode + flash) to be the optimal texture-photography camera.
All textures are good
No reason to discriminate against textures. All textures are good:
- Skin / flesh
I prefer shooting textures in color — but gritty textures in monochrome also look good.
Unleash your creative potential:
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.