Resolutions for my 31st birthday:
- Become an even harder stoic: To be magnanimous over any petty bullshit.
- Continue to build my physical strength (will this strengthen my mental faculties?)
- Resolve to never complain, criticize, judge (out-loud, via my words), to not gossip about others
- When writing essays, only write about my own life experiences (not the life experiences of others). Not assuming that I know what others are thinking/what others’ motives are.
- Become more self-focused; regarding less about others.
- Becoming more self-centered about my own personal needs and my own personal self-development.
- Striving hard to make visual artwork that impresses myself.
- Not trying to change others, but trying to better understand others.
- Not trying to change my own personality. Using my personal ego as a powerful tool.
- Becoming leaner and meaner (personal physical aesthetics– prefer lowest possible amount of adipose [fat] tissue). Not letting others influence/affect my dietary, exercise, and lifestyle choices.
- Put the skin of 300 years between myself and others (credit: Nietzsche)
- Become harder, stronger, to continue to practice (askesis) my aesthetic lifestyle as a form of strengthening (not self-abnegation)
- When in doubt, take the more risky/dangerous option.
- Never consult the options of others before consulting myself of my own opinion.
- Deepening my wisdom and knowledge of the world/others/myself.
Will keep you updated with how this goes.