We all need a direction and sense of purpose in life.
Without a purpose in life, we have no direction to steer our ship.
1. Why do we need a meaningful goal in life?
Without a purpose in life, we have no reason to wake up in the morning, to toil during the day, and to endure hardships.
For my mother, her single worthwhile goal in life was to raise myself and my sister to be happy and productive members of society. She spent all of her time, energy, resources to provide for us. She sacrificed so much for us, and never thought about herself. Mom, I love you with all of my heart and soul — thank you for helping me become the man I am today.
2. My goal
Many of us don’t know what our single worthwhile goal is in life. And honestly for me, my goal is always changing.
But as of now, my goal in life is to create as much useful, empowering, and helpful information to uplift others. I try to do this with photography, blogging, making videos, teaching, or just talking with others.
3. How do I know what my goal in life is?
Honestly, it is hard to know what our goal in life is.
Some suggestions of questions you can ask yourself:
- “If I woke up with $10 billion dollars in my bank account, and I knew I would never go broke for the rest of my life, what would I do with all my time, energy, and attention?”
- “What are my biggest talents and skills, which empowers others the most?”
- “What is the work I prefer doing when I am procrastinating?”
- “What activity do I do when I feel the most excited, alive, and lose a sense of time and myself?”
- “What were my passions, interests, or dreams a child?”
Of course these won’t give you all the answers. But they can be a guide to help you find your biggest purpose in life.
For me, I think all humans desire to be useful to others. To have a sense of purpose in life. And we cannot discover that by only helping ourself. We need to figure out how to best leverage our skills and talents to help the rest of humanity.
I have great faith in you friend.
Always be strong,
Learn more: Life Lessons >