What are the best technical settings for street photography? Should you shoot fully-manual? Should you use “P” (program) mode? Should you zone focus?
There is no “best” settings in street photography–just use what best works for you. For me, that means shooting in “P” (program) mode where my camera automatically chooses the aperture and shutter speed. I keep my ISO 1600-3200 (for a fast shutter speed), center-point autofocus, and I focus on composition, overcoming my fears, and interacting with others when shooting.
To learn more about technical settings, read the articles below:
- In Favor of “P” (Program mode) in Photography
- An Introduction to Zone Focusing for your Leica, Rangefinder, or DSLR
- The Ultimate Beginner’s Guide for Cameras in Street Photography
Unleash your creative potential:
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.