For the latest Assignment over at Streettogs Academy, our editor’s choice, Jota Barros chose Self Awareness.
(Details of joining and more info after the jump!)
Here’s how Jota defines self awareness:
Self-awareness: the capacity for introspection and the ability to recognize oneself as an individual separate from the environment and other individuals.
Usually when we are on the street, we usually are aware of our surroundings and what is happening, for this assignment, we focus on ourselves. What if we try to photograph our own presence on the street? Perhaps not our actual selves but a representation of our self. Try to capture not just your reflections or shadows but show your personality or something about yourself that we can infer through the photograph.
Don’t forget that a photographer is also a part of the street, he himself is a character in the streets he/she moves in.
Push your creativity and vision for this one and let’s get to shooting!
Here are the mechanics:
- Upload your photos interpreting the theme on the designated assignment album in the facebook page
- No words and captions, just your name, and place where you took the photo.
- On the comment on your own photo, post a link to your site (flickr, tumblr, webpage etc.) so that your photo would easily appear on the group’s feed. (Please do it only once)
- Feel free to use film, digital, instant film (polaroid/instax), mobile phones, etc. Any Camera will do
- Keep the file appropriate for web viewing (at least 72 dpi), no need for super hi-resolution.
Other things to know:
- We encourage you to shoot during the duration of the 2 weeks instead of raiding your archives.
- It should go without saying but please post photos that you own.
- This assignment will run from Dec. 15 – Dec 29, 2015
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions or clarifications in the group page.
- Be open to learning, get up to the challenge, and of course have fun doing it!
At the end of the 2 weeks we will have an editor’s choice, picked by Eric and myself, and a community’s choice which garners the most reactions from the community through likes and comments. We will feature the selections on a post here on the blog. The Winner of the editor’s choice, gets to pick the theme for the next assignment!
If you want additional info about the Streettogs Academy, check my introductory post here
For those who want join the group and take on the assignments, Click on to the Streettogs Academy Facebook Page