I’ve always believed that good work will stand out on its own and it will spread. That is pretty much what happened in our assignment No. 9. given by Harry Fodor. Everyone gave out great black and white work which in turn gave a bit of limelight to the group attracting new members.
Streettogs Academy is pretty much close to 3,000 members now. With that in mind, there are new policies and guidelines implemented so that everyone will be guided on how to interact and post in the group. As always, I am in deep gratitude for everyone’s participation in the group and its assignments.
So let’s jump straight into the next assignment Editor’s choice Chilun Leung gave us!
While brainstorming for the assignment Chilun actually raised an excellent question:
“Is gesture limited only to hands or are the faces included?”
Personally, I think that gestures are the action of the face, hands,and/ or limbs that expresses a certain motion or meaning. Even animals can make a gesture! (Note Garry Winogrand’s photos in his book, “The Animals”) As for the face, it can make gestures but it is best for showing emotion.
Either way, don’t let it discourage you. If you feel the facial expression or gesture would fit our assignment, trust your instincts and take that shot! Explore the possibilities and it goes without saying, be creative in approaching this assignment.
Here are the mechanics:
- Upload your photos interpreting the theme on the designated assignment album in the facebook page
- No words and captions, just your name, and place where you took the photo.
- On the comment on your own photo, post a link to your site (flickr, tumblr, webpage etc.) so that your photo would easily appear on the group’s feed. (Please do it only once)
- Feel free to use film, digital, instant film (polaroid/instax), mobile phones, etc. Any Camera will do
- Keep the file appropriate for web viewing (at least 72 dpi), no need for hi-resolution.
Other things to know:
- We encourage you to shoot during the duration of the 2 weeks instead of raiding your archives.
- It should go without saying but please post photos that you own.
- This assignment will run from Mar 31 to Apr. 14, 2015
- Don’t hesitate to ask questions or clarifications in the group page.
- Be open to learning, get up to the challenge, and of course have fun doing it!