I am currently staying with my buddy Brian Sparks in Stockholm, and was fortunate enough to also have him as a co-instructor at my 4-day street photography workshop at Fotografiska. In the above video, I interview him at his home (and also get some sweet book recommendations). Check out his work below, and his book/video recommendations!
Photos by Brian Sparks
Photo Book Recommendations from Brian
Below are some of the photo books mentioned in the video interview.
- Street Photography Now
- Henri Cartier-Bresson: The Man, The Image & The World
- Dennis Hopper: Photographs 1961-1967
- Jeanloup Sieff
- Joel Meyerowitz
- Anders Petersen: From Back Home
- Stanley Kubrick: Photography
Movies for Street Photographers
Here are some movies that all street photographers (and photographers) should watch. Thanks to Brian for putting together this list.
- Blow Up
- The Genius of Photography (BBC)
- How to Make a Book with Steidl
- Fur (Diane Arbus Story)
- Salvador (Photographer journalist to track civil war)
- Chuck Close (Portrait of contemporary painter)
- One Hour Photo (Robin Williams)
- Everlasting moments (Swedish movie about female photographer)
- Annie Lebowitz: Life Through a Lens
- Peter Beard (Scrapbooks from Africa and beyond)
- Manufactured landscapes (Ed Burtynsky)
- Bang-Bang Club
Which of Brian’s shots are your favorite? Show him some love in the comments below!
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.