INTERESTED IN STREET PHOTOGRAPHY BUT SCARED OR DON’T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN?
Street Photography 101 is a unique interactive workshop for anyone interested in street photography or looking to improve their current skills. Los Angeles based street photographer Eric Kim will be leading a dynamic one-day workshop in Brighton where you will get to learn:
- How to get started in Street Photography (with a brief history)
- Different techniques, equipment and guidelines for shooting in the streets (including the popular “shooting from the hip” technique)
- Comparison and pros/cons of DSLR, Point and shoot, Rangefinder, Micro 4/3rds, and film cameras for street photography
- How to get over “The Fear” of shooting in the streets
- Story-telling techniques and street photography aesthetics
- The secret of processing beautiful black and whites
- How to improve your technique and have your work reviewed by Eric and guest London street photographer David Gibson (http://www.gibsonstreet.com/)
- The analysis and thought process behind choosing the “keepers” from your batch
The workshop will consist of presentations by Eric Kim with insightful tips for shooting captivating street photographs and plenty of group discussions for improving your own work. Guest street photographer David Gibson be available to give his own insights and provide additional tips for aspiring street photographers.
Following the presentations, you’ll get a chance to test out your skills through an accompanied on-the-street photography assignment.
Street photography is not as easy as it looks, but equipped with the right skills and approach, you can come out with captivating photographs!
Plenty of engaging hands-on activities and more planned!! Read more to see the intro video.
Intro video by Eric Kim
Read more to see more details about the workshop!
WORKSHOP TIME AND FEE
Saturday May 21: 10am-6pm
(with coffee breaks + lunch breaks + group street photography outing on Saturday afternoon)
Workshop Fee: £100 (£85 Early-bird signup before May 7th)
Workshop cap: 15 participants
Sign up for “Street Photography 101” by clicking on the link below. Afterwards, we will send you more details regarding registration.
FOR MORE INFORMATION:
Contact Eric Kim: email@example.com for any questions regarding the workshop.
ABOUT ERIC KIM:
Based in the urban streets of Los Angeles, Eric Kim is a street photographer who captures thought-provoking candid images of individuals juxtaposed against their natural surroundings. A recent graduate of UCLA in Sociology and currently working in social media, Eric applies his passion for photography and social interaction throughout different fields in his life. He is currently working on a street photography book and also leads an active online photography community. Sharing his love for photography, he also teaches a photography class for under-privileged students at Phoenix High School in Los Angeles.
101 Things I Have Learned About Street Photography Post: https://erickimphotography.com/blog/2010/09/101-things-i-have-learned-about-street-photography/
Photos by Eric Kim
About Guest Speaker David Gibson:
David Gibson worked for several years as a Residential Social Worker before pursuing photography full-time in 1994. In 2002 he completed an MA in Photography: History and Culture at the London College of Printing.
David’s work has been widely published and he is often commissioned by leading design agencies in the UK. He recently led a street photography workshop at Photofusion in London and other workshops are scheduled for 2011.
Photos by David Gibson
Sign up for “Street Photography 101” by clicking on the link below. Got any more questions? Shoot us an email at firstname.lastname@example.org
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.