For the Everyday Photographer
Create, travel, be prepared for every photography adventure EVERYDAY.
PHANTOM BLACK EDITION
Designed to carry all photograph essentials: film, small compact camera, SD cards, lens filters, batteries, chargers, business cards.
Can be looped through a belt or bag strap.
We researched, tested, and perfected the design for the ERIC KIM CASE for several years to bring together function and design.
- Durability: All of the components have been tried and tested: from the hand-stitched threading to the brass components and premium leather.
- Art: ERIC KIM CASE is beautiful, timeless, and over the years it will develop unique patina from your artistic adventures.
- Inspired: We designed the case for the on-the-go film or digital photographer.
Aesthetics & Proportions
- Outside dimensions: Length: 12cm, Height: 8cm, Depth 5cm
- Inside dimensions: Length: 11.5cm, Height: 7cm, Depth: 4cm,
- Designed bespoke for the Ricoh GR, 5 rolls of 35 mm film or 5 rolls of medium format film, 2 slots for SD cards.
HAPTICLABS is our experimental playground to develop small, limited edition projects and collaborations with local artists and artisans. ERIC KIM CASE will be handmade on demand and shipped out from California starting July 23, 2018. We make our leather products in Saigon and honor Saigon–we loved our time in Saigon; Cindy’s family has a close familial connection to Saigon; and we are deeply inspired by the lively hustle of young Vietnamese artists and entrepreneurs in a city textured by a profound history.
Unlike huge anonymous factories, the entire operation is Eric, Cindy, our sisters (Annette and Jennifer), and the local artisans Lan and Uyen. We are transparent about the labor practices behind ERIC KIM CASE because we are proud of it and love it.
We lived in Vietnam and are very cognizant of global inequality, especially in labor practices. This is why we price our products the way we do. We work directly with artisans who set above market prices for high end artisanal craftsmanship. We do not run a wholesale factory, but support honest and beautiful work.
We spent years perfecting the design, workshopping different versions with the Saigon artisans. Each ERIC KIM CASE is made with love and shipped with care from California.