Channeling my inner #nietzsche — art is the stimulus which makes life exciting and worth living!
We all need a stimulus to move. To act.
We need something to spark us, to motivate us to move.
What is this first mover (primum mobius)? I think it’s art!
For example, things that stimulate and inspire me to act and live my life, and to make my own art:
- Great photography (Henri Cartier bresson)
- Great cinema (Stanley Kubrick)
- Great painters (Matisse, Roy Litchenstein)
- Great fashion (I love colorful fashion— it inspires me!)
- Great poetry (Virgil, Horace, Lucretius)
- Great philosophy (Seneca, Nietzsche, Nassim Taleb)
So long story short,
To inspire yourself to act, move, and do stuff — surround yourself and consume great art!
- Use an iPad as a visual scrapbook.
- Use Dropbox to look at your old photos to reshare or reupload.
- Buy photo and art books, and browse them when you want inspiration.
- Watch music videos
- Pump yourself up with some dope beats
- Hit the gym and do some heavy deadlifts
- Alternate icy cold showers or baths with super hot sauna
- Get a very intense (and painful) massage
- Walk around the block
Never stop making art!