To me, “happiness” is being creative every day.
But how do we stay inspired every day, avoid boredom, and push our creative limits?
Live your creative life to the fullest with CREATIVE EVERY DAY on AMAZON >
The artistic trifecta
First of all, embrace the artistic trifecta of:
Photography will help you see the world visually, and make “instant sketches” of what you see in the world.
Drawing will help you create pictures from your own mind and imagination, and will aid your photography visualization.
Writing will give you creative confidence, to express your inner-most thoughts, ideas, and brand yourself.
1. Learn how to see as a photographer
To become a better photographer, you must build your visual acuity, and learn how to see. Specifically, to also know what you’re drawn to. What you like to photograph. What visually excites you.
So to be creative every day, just make at least one photograph every day.
Also, reflect on your personal photography goals. Why do you shoot? What dreams and goals do you wish to achieve through your photography?
Unleash your creative potential with CREATIVE EVERY DAY: Mobile Edition.
To build your visual acuity and skill, learn how to draw — like a child.
My suggestion: draw, sketch, or trace something everyday. If you’re stuck at bored at the office, use a piece of printer paper, or your notepad.
When you’re bored at home, instead of Netflix and chilling, break out your pens and draw something from your imagination. Keep the “haptic” response of your fingers sharp. Keep your creativity fluid, and let your visual artwork keep flowing.
Assignment: Do a single line drawing of a face, and share it on social media, your blog, or with a friend.
Write a little every day. You already “write” emails, text messages, tweets, status updates, and add Instagram hashtags. Why not do some personal and creative writing?
- Daily diary (write in a notebook, or even text it to yourself, and keep it synced in Evernote, a notes app, or even email the daily diary entries to yourself)
- Write a poem everyday, and publish it everyday to your blog.
- Write letters to your past 18 year old self, or letters to your future 80 year old self.
Above all, have fun with it. Don’t make writing a chore.
Why be creative every day?
If you are creative every day, it gives you a chance to have more fun, control, and autonomy in your life. Many of us cannot control our jobs, our living situations, or the drama in our everyday lives, but we can control what art to make, and how to make it.
With art, you have ultimate freedom and the chance to flex your creative muscles.
Being creative every day gives you a chance to explore, learn and have a reason to be excited to wake up in the morning.
If you knew if you would live to be 1,000 years old, wouldn’t you want to have fun, avoid boredom, and create an art work (whether photo, drawing, writing) every day?
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 28-29th, 2020: ERIC KIM MARKETING MASTER CLASS - NOW LIVE!
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.
Master photography >
THE OG STRAP >
JUST SHOOT IT!
Master street photography >
Own a piece of street photography history > For you >
- The Film Shooter
- Photographer's Hand ARTWEAR $ 39
- FREE Photography Visualization PDF Resources $ 0
- THE CITY OF ANGELS by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- DARK SKIES OVER TOKYO by Eric Kim $ 1,290
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY $ 29
- ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark II $ 119
- ERIC KIM Case $ 99
LIMITED EDITION HAPTIC NOTEBOOK x ERIC KIM
- 30 DAYS TO JUMPSTART YOUR PHOTOGRAPHY Mobile Edition $ 10
PHOTO JOURNAL: Mobile Edition
- SHOOT FILM Artwear $ 29
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Photography Entrepreneurship Online Course
- MASTERS Volume 1 Mobile Edition $ 15
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]
- HOW TO SEE: Visual Guide to Composition, Color, & Editing in Photography $ 10
- I SHOOT STREET PHOTOGRAPHY Artwear $ 29
- My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile Bonus $ 10 – $ 29
- Camera Straps $ 49 – $ 169
Ultimate Beginner's Guide to Mastering Street Photography Book
- LAUGHING LADY: Collector's Edition Artist Proof Print $ 499
- RICOH MAFIA Artwear $ 29
- ZEN OF ERIC: Empower Yourself with Philosophy and Photography
- TRAVEL NOTES: Photography Assignments & Inspiration Manual $ 20
ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark II
- New Henri Neck Strap Mark III $ 139 – $ 149
- Henri Shoulder Strap $ 169 – $ 179
- Henri Wrist Strap CHROMA LIMITED EDITION $ 49 – $ 79
Street Photography Starter Kit
- STREET NOTES MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 19
- SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover Photobook $ 350
MUSE by KIM
- CINDY PROJECT by Eric Kim $ 495
PHOTOLOSOPHY: Photography Philosophy Course
- Ultimate Beginner’s Guide to Mastering Photography Online Course
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Print Edition $ 19
Henri Wrist Strap (Crema Brown)
- PHOTO JOURNAL Print Edition + Free Mobile Edition $ 19
- FREE ERIC KIM Lightroom Presets $ 0
- HAPTIC HOODIE ARTWEAR $ 49
- STREET HUNT: Street Photography Field Assignments Manual Mobile Edition $ 10
- Embark On Your Own Photography Adventure Flowchart $ 1
- FILM NOTES Print Edition $ 19
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Men's Artwear $ 39
- CREATIVE EVERY DAY MOBILE EDITION: PDF & KINDLE $ 10
Henri Wrist Strap Pro
- MEMENTO MORI Artwear $ 39
- VITRUVIAN CAMERA - Women's Artwear $ 39
- FILM NOTES Mobile & Printable Edition $ 19
- MODERN PHOTOGRAPHER: Marketing, Branding, Entrepreneurship Principles For Success $ 19
- TRAVEL NOTES: Mobile Edition $ 12
- MASTERS Book: A Distilled Street Photography Primer $ 50
- STREET NOTES $ 19