For those of you who signed up for the original Boston Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography (March 21-22, 2020 workshop) I am very happy to announce we are going full-steam ahead for the new date (September 19-20th, 2020 Saturday/Sunday) workshop in Boston.
- COVID-19 is certainly still a thing, which means this workshop will be a safe ‘socially distant’ (6 feet+) workshops with MASKS REQUIRED. If you do not have a face mask, I will provide you with free face masks (the blue medical-grade ones).
- The workshop will all be conducted outdoors. We will meet up in the mornings of the workshop outside, perhaps grab a to-go coffee somewhere, and I will be able to do all the presentations and lectures outside in the beautiful green and fresh air areas.
- In terms of shooting during the workshop, the ‘creative constraint’ will be “socially distant street photography”. All the photos you will be required to shoot (at least) 6 feet away or further (perhaps we can do the ’20 foot rule’, a school bus distance for shooting street photography).
- In terms of the workshop, I think this will be a great opportunity for you to go out, shoot some photos and re-spark your passion for photography. I am a firm believer that street photography is both good for mental and physical health, and truth be told… COVID isn’t going away anytime soon. Thus the maximal precautions will be held during the workshop.
- I will also be carrying a portable hand sanitizer for anyone during the workshop to stay clean, and we will not be engaging in physical touch during the workshop. The whole workshop experience will be ‘contact-less’ (very much how Tesla is delivering their vehicles, and how Apple is also offering contact-less devices).
If you’re interested, keep reading below or email my workshops manger email@example.com to register your spot, or regarding any payment options:
Why Am I Teaching this Workshop?
I am teaching this workshop because I want to see you fulfill your greatest potential in photography and beyond. Some benefits from attending this workshop:
- Gaining supreme supreme self-confidence in your photography and artistic vision: We photographers are visual artists. We will learn how we can elevate our own self-confidence and spirit when it comes to our photography, vision and approach.
- Shoot boldly: Learn how to conquer ‘paralysis by analysis’ in street photography, and how to conquer the guilt associated with shooting street photos either with or without permission.
- Meaningful differentiation: Separate yourself from the pack. Discover what makes your artistic vision unique and different. Learn the practical marketing, branding, and tactful ways to promote yourself to gain a wider reach for a loyal audience.
- Start your personal photography project: This workshop will give you the opportunity to brainstorm meaningful photography projects and actually pursue them during the workshop. You will finish the workshop with a concrete mini-project of your best images, which will act as a strong visual and creative stimulus to keep you going.
- Meet other like-minded passionate photographers, thinkers and innovators. We will observe social distancing, but through this workshop we will gain new bonds, new emotional connections, and ‘cross-pollinate’ new creative ideas. Your creative network is your personal creative net-worth. Many past students have told me that making these new connections with other creatives is the most valuable part of the workshop. The bonds you make during the workshop will last far after the workshop is over.
How do I know if this workshop is right for me? This workshop is optimized for intermediate-advanced photographers who want to elevate their creative vision and spirit. While we can talk about technical things, it will be more focused on augmenting your artistic vision. Some things you will learn and focus in this workshop:
- How to derive deeper personal meaning from your photography
- The secrets of motivation and inspiration for your photography
- How to see: Practical and philosophical tools to better spot ‘photo opportunities’. How to better discover ‘beauty in the mundane’ (beauty of everyday things and people)
- The secrets of memorable images: How to make photos that last. The secrets of dynamic photography and how we can ‘cross pollinate’ from the other visual arts (painting, architecture, physics) to make more powerful and dynamic images.
- Master your aesthetics: There is only one of you. It ain’t about becoming another photographer; it is about becoming yourself.
- Going *BEYOND* photography: To escape the simplistic ghetto of photography. To think beyond photography. To become a creative artist and spirit. Photography as just one of your creative tools.
- The Art of Cross-Pollination: The opportunity to think and consider your other artistic interests beyond photography, and how to effectively combine that to take your photography to the next level.
Bespoke to you
In this workshop, you will have 1:1 access to me, to ask me any questions you have about street photography, marketing, blogging, YouTube, or anything else.
I want this workshop to be an opportunity for you to also pitch any of your creative ideas, while getting real and honest feedback.
Furthermore, I recognize that your needs are unique and different. I will custom-tailor this workshop experience to you; to maximize your personal potential!
Treat your play very seriously.
The biggest reason I love teaching these workshops is because they are FUN! For myself, having fun is one of the best ways to accelerate your learning, building your confidence in street photography, while also giving you the positive motivation and energy to propel your photography forward.
Invest in yourself.
I personally believe that the best investment in life is yourself. To invest in experiences, learning, and education (not just stuff).
If you’re curious what your personal maximum is in photography, I encourage you to invest in this workshop. The tuition for the workshop is 1500 USD (890 USD early-bird discount if you submit your tuition in full before Thursday, September 10th, 2020).
Secure your spot in the workshop by submitting your tuition below (we accept Paypal, Venmo, and Debit/Credit Card):
If you are having issues with this payment portal you can use the hard coded link here, or use the Buy Now button below:
If you do not have a Paypal, Venmo or Credit Card or Debit card, or would like other payment options please email my workshops manager Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org outlining your request.
Furthermore, if you need a receipt or invoice regarding business-deductions, educational training, or if your company/institution/university can cover the tuition please also email Neil at email@example.com
100% Money-Back Guarantee
I am so confident this workshop will empower you, inspire you and give you both philosophical and practical tools to take your photography to the next level that I offer an unconditional 100% money-back guarantee. Truth be told, I teach these workshops because I am genuinely passionate about teaching and helping you achieve your personal maximum.
If you attend the workshop and you aren’t 100% satisfied, just email Neil (firstname.lastname@example.org) regarding a refund, or if you want future credit to a future workshop. Also, if for some reason you signup for the workshop and you cannot make it either due to scheduling conflicts or health-related issues, you can also email Neil regarding a 100% refund of your tuition. I know times are incredibly uncertain right now, thus I want to offer you maximal optionality in regards to your workshop tuition.
Ideal for Bostonians, New Englanders, New Yorkers, New Jersey Folks, or anyone from the East Cost
To give you a gist, we will probably meetup somewhere outside the Boston Public Market (100 Hanover Street, Boston), and we will probably walk around and shoot around the Boston Public Garden (maximize outdoor shooting):
Doing a quick hotel search (I recommend booking from Friday 9/18/2020 to Monday 9/21/2020) in Boston, some options on hotels.com:
- Back Bay hotels search (Back Bay is a convenient spot, especially if you’re commuting via Amtrak or train from New York, New Jersey or anywhere else from East-Coast/New England)
- Downtown Boston is also a good option (a bit cheaper for hotels)
- Airbnb for Downtown Boston (9/18-9-21) is ~$100 a night, which is a good option if you prefer having your own space.
Or you can also commute into Boston for the day, and go back home in the evening. For those who are interested after the workshop, we will probably grab a quick ‘to go’ dinner bite after both Saturday and Sunday after the workshop if we want to keep chatting or hanging out.
What Are You Waiting For?
If COVID-19 has taught me anything, it is that life is short and uncertain. To me, photography is my apex artistic outlet and medium. I truly want this workshop to be the opportunity for you to elevate yourself artistically, motivationally, and to inspire you to become ‘all you can be’ as a photographer and visual artist.
Don’t miss your chance. This workshop will be great for you!
Some logistical details for the workshop:
- Location: Boston, Massachusetts (exact location TBA. The workshop meeting point on Saturday morning will be around The Boston Public Market).
- Dates: September 19-20th, 2020 (Saturday/Sunday)
- Times: 10am-5pm (both days)
- Student cap: 12 passionate photographers and visual artists
- Contact: email@example.com (please contact Neil regarding payments, logistics, health concerns, or regarding invoicing and expenses).
I will put my heart and soul into ensuring you have the greatest (socially distant) photography experience. This is my promise to you.
Excited to have you!
Please email Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org for any more questions you have regarding this workshop.
Unleash your creative potential:
- November 7th, 2020: ERIC KIM BLOGGING MASTER CLASS (Online, via Zoom). [Register Intent Here]
- April 10-11th, 2021: BOSTON / Discover Your Unique Voice in Photography Workshop [Register Intent Here]
- May 1-2nd, 2021: CHICAGO / Street Photography Composition Masterclass [Register Intent Here]
- May 22-22nd, 2021: NEW YORK CITY / STREET PHOTOGRAPHY MASTERCLASS by ERIC KIM [Register Intent Here]
Be notified of when new workshops are live here.