Practical travel tips:
- All black merino wool clothing. If cold, wear two black merino tshirts on top of one another (thanks to my friend Takashi for the tip). Two black merino t shirts, two black exofficio boxers, two pairs of black Outlier.NYC socks, one pair of black merino leggings, one pair of black Uniqlo stretchy black jeans (EZY).
- Don’t travel with laptop: Just bring your phone and/or iPad. I discovered I can do 90% of the things on my iPad Pro as I can do with my MacBook Pro laptop.
- To save money on food while traveling, eat street food, go to the local market and buy a rotisserie chicken, or get the hot foods by the pound at Whole Foods ($9 a pound for food— great deal!) The organic rotisserie chicken at Whole Foods ($10) is also a great deal for meat (2 pounds). Good for my intermittent fasting and ketogenic diet.
- Good to stay at a hotel with a gym. If not go to the local parks while traveling and do chin-ups, dips, squats, lunges, and pushups.
- When walking and wandering, take the spirit of the flaneur. This means walk slowly, aimlessly, with no real destination in mind.