Dear friend, if you want to embark on a photographic adventure of a lifetime, I cordially invite you to my Mexico City Travel Street Photography Adventure Workshop (Jan 16-29th, 2020).
Mexico City is one of my new favorite cities in the world for travel/photography/food
Word cannot express my enthusiasm and love for Mexico City. It is one of the most beautiful, street photography-friendly, and great food capitals of the world.
If you’ve never been to Mexico City (or you want to re-visit for the great photo opportunities and phenomenal food), this workshop is for you!
Escape the cold
I just moved to Providence (Rhode Island), and one of the biggest reasons why I personally want to go back to Mexico City is to escape the cold. Furthermore I know for myself, having something to look forward makes life so much more enjoyable!
Two of the World’s Top 50 restaurants are in Mexico City!
Yes, IN THE WORLD!
I know I am trying to promote this travel street photography experience, but to be honest — one of my favorite parts of traveling (including photography) is the food! With food, you get to learn a new culture, and I also feel that memory-formation is deeply and intrinsically tied with flavors and food.
Furthermore, what is unique about Mexico City is this:
The fancy restaurant food is phenomenal, but so is the street food!
To have a wider gastronomic experience, being able to ‘barbell’ between both the fancy and the street is far more interesting.
Cindy and I spent our honeymoon in Mexico City, and we have already led a successful Mexico City Street Photography Workshop Experience in 2019, and we have already scoped out the best restaurants (for breakfast, lunch, and dinner). Also considering that we will be spending an intense 4 days together, I want to ensure that you are well-fed, happy, and inspired via the food!
And without talking too much, the coffee is also phenomenal (tons of great coffee is produced in Mexico), great hipster coffee shops, and amazing liquors (Mezcal) and innovative cocktails.
Why attend this workshop?
How do you know if this workshop will be a good fit for you?
1. You want a full-immersion street photography experience
First of all, you desire full-immersion in street photography. It doesn’t really matter how much experience you have in street photography (whether you are a beginner, intermediate, or advanced).
This will be an extraordinary opportunity for you to take time out of your insanely-busy schedule, to focus on your passion for street photography.
The workshop is from 10am-5pm everyday, which will give you tons of time to focus on shooting street photography — conquering your fears, interacting with strangers, working on your street photography technique and style, while exploring and wandering the city!
2. You want to learn how to evolve and grow as a photographer/visual-artist
During the whole week, you will distill your own photographic vision. You will not only develop as a photographer, but also as a philosopher. You will start to better understand:
- Why you make photos
- How to continue to grow and evolve as a photographer
- What your main strengths are as a photographer
3. You want to take your street photography to the next level
Third, you will learn a ton! To me, life is about constant growth and evolution.
In this workshop, you will learn brand-new street photography techniques you can add to your personal arsenal:
- How to shoot layers in street photography
- How to master the art of the street portrait (how to direct and engage with your subjects)
- Advanced street photography composition: Triangle Compositions, Figure-To-Ground, Extreme Minimalism
This workshop will give you a unique opportunity to hone your artistic vision: Determining your personal aesthetics in photography.
Consider the workshop as your own artistic retreat– a chance for you to invest in yourself and your own visual artistry.
What you will gain
Everyday during the workshop, I will give you a different focus. I will give you specific assignments, focusing on:
- How to improve your street photography composition
- How to increase your confidence in street photography (conquering your personal fears)
- How to shoot faster in the streets: How to quickly identify interesting scenes, and how to use the best technical settings to capture those decisive moments.
- A new network of fellow passionate street photographers, who will give you honest feedback and critique on your photos– and to have new relationships that will last far after the workshop.
- A new way of thinking about photography and street photography: To learn the philosophy behind photography– to recognize your inner-artist, and to respark your passion for photography.
- New visual art frameworks: Learn how you can ‘cross-pollinate’ painting, graphic arts, and science to make more compelling images.
- How to stand out as a photographer and visual artist: Learn practical marketing, branding, and publishing techniques and strategies to share your artwork with your intended audience.
The colorful and diverse neighborhoods we will explore
It is my ambition to guide you through my favorite neighborhoods in Mexico City, to give you a taste of both the local-historical as well as the trendy and modern:
- Historic center of Mexico City: High-rise restaurants juxtaposed against the historic architecture (dating back to Aztec era).
- La Condesa: Art Deco, distinctively European vibes
- Polanco: Ritzy, high-end boulevards and romantic avenues
- Roma: Artsy, hip theaters, center of the culinary scene
- Juarez: Baroque styled mansions, home to the “Zona Rosa” (“pink zone”, home to the gay community and vibrant nightlife)
Don’t miss your chance!
The workshop is limited to only 6 passionate photographers. Spots will quickly fill up– so don’t miss your chance and to live life with no regrets.
Invest in yourself
The tuition for the workshop is 1490 USD (for the 4-day workshop, which doesn’t include meals, drink, flights, or accommodation).
- Returning Student Discount: If you’ve attended one of my workshops in the past and want to experience Mexico City and take your photography to the next level, contact Neil (firstname.lastname@example.org) for your special returning-student discount.
- Companion Pass: There is also a special discount if you signup for this workshop with a friend, spouse, or your partner. For more information, please contact Neil (my workshops manager) at email@example.com to take advantage of this offer.
Secure your spot for the workshop by paying via Paypal below (credit cards, debit cards are accepted):
Take your photographic artistry to the next level
Honestly — life is short. We all work so hard, to accumulate money — but for what?
I truly believe that the best investment of money is in experiences, not stuff. This means investing in yourself– your personal growth, development, and for you to accumulate certain experiences which will change you, add positivity and inspiration to your life, and to motivate you to keep making new photos!
If you have any other further logistical questions about the workshop, or to address any other travel questions, please email my manager Neil at firstname.lastname@example.org
Excited to have you,
- Dates: Jan 16-19th, 2020 (Thursday to Sunday)
- Times: 10am-5pm (everyday)
- Location: We will explore all of the cool neighborhoods in Mexico City, so the location of your hotel or AirBnb doesn’t matter so much. If this is your first time in Mexico City, my favorite neighborhood is the ‘Roma’ neighborhood (imagine Paris meets Spain; also famous for the Netflix “ROMA” film).
Transit & Logistics
- Transport: Mexico City is great because you can Uber almost anywhere for less than $5 USD. Install the Uber app on your phone, and either enable international data (free for T-Mobile customers), or buy an international SIM card at the airport to get around.
- Safety: Mexico City is not dangerous. All the drug-cartel stuff you hear in the crazy news is in other parts of Mexico.
- Travel VISA: If you are from the United States, Canada, Japan,. UK, or Schengen-European areas and you visit Mexico for tourism, you do NOT need a Mexican Visa. If you are from a different country, Google your VISA requirements.
Foreign Finances, Credit Cards, Exchange Rate
- Foreign Credit Cards: Almost everywhere in Mexico City accepts VISA or most credit cards. Before you travel to Mexico City, just call your credit card companies (or on their websites) to enable you’re traveling abroad.
- Mexican Peso: The current rate is around 1 USD = 20 Mexican Pesos. Therefore, 100 USD is around 2,000 Mexican Pesos. For about a week in Mexico City, I recommend withdrawing around 200 USD (2,000 Mexican Pesos) at the ATM at the airport.
For any further questions about the workshop or traveling to Mexico City, please contact my workshops manager Neil at email@example.com
100% Money-Back Guarantee
I am so confident that you will have an unforgettable experience at the workshop that I offer a 100% money-back guarantee. I know that the workshop is a big monetary investment, but I truly believe that money spent on education and learning is always the best return. Not only that, but this workshop will continue to pay dividends in your photography and personal life long after the workshop.
So what do you have to lose? Invest in an experience you will never forget, that will help you take your street photography to the next level.
Cancellations / Refund Policy
Read the fine print below:
- We reserve the right to cancel groups with less than 5 participants. Students will be given either a full refund or offered a credit to a future workshop. You will be given at least 2 weeks advance notice if this is the case.
- For international applicants, we are not responsible for reimbursement of travel expenses in case the workshop is cancelled. We highly recommend that you buy refundable tickets and/or travel insurance.
- If you would like to receive a refund before attending the workshop, we require at least 2 weeks of advance notice. If you cancel within two weeks of the workshop, you will be given credit to a future workshop (anywhere in the world) of the same value.
- After attending the workshop and you are not 100% satisfied with your workshop experience, let us know and we will grant your money-back guarantee.
- By submitting your deposit you agree to these terms and conditions.
With any other questions/inquiries please email my manager Neil Ta at firstname.lastname@example.org and will answer all of your questions.
SECURE YOUR SPOT NOW!
Mexico City Travel Street Photography Workshop 2019
Tuition: 1490 USD
If you would like to secure your spot for the workshop, please submit your full tuition with the Paypal button below. Once you submit your payment, your spot is secured for the workshop. If you have any questions about the workshop, please email Neil Ta at email@example.com
Live your life with no regrets. Secure your spot for this epic workshop before all the spots sell out!