STREET CLUB ASSIGNMENT #3: photograph the elderly!
Why photograph the elderly?
- The elderly are generally lonely and ignored. If you talk, interact, and photograph them; you’ll bring a lot of joy into their day! Also, we can learn a lot from the elderly.
- They have lovely textures in their face, and are generally more interesting to photograph than younger people with no texture or experience in their face.
- You’ll be put in a good mood: Older people don’t generally care being photographed. You’ll probably feel good after photographing them! Ask them about their life story, ask for life advice, and tell a bad joke to get them to laugh!
- Ask them open ended questions, and make photos while they’re talking.
- Ask them to tell you a fun story from their youth.
- Get close. Fill the frame with their face, and show their personality in the photo!
- Photograph your grandparents, or old people at the park.
- Tell the elderly that you find them beautiful! Truth be told, I find beauty in the elegant and elderly.