Introduction to Street Photography Workshop in Los Angeles with Eric Kim
INTERESTED IN STREET PHOTOGRAPHY BUT SCARED OR DON’T KNOW WHERE TO BEGIN?
On July 30-31st Eric Kim will be hosting an Introduction to Street Photography Workshop for anyone interested in street photography or looking to improve their current skills. Los Angeles based street photographer Eric Kim will be leading a dynamic 2-day workshop in Hollywood, Los Angeles where you will get to learn:
- How to get over the fear of shooting street photography
- How to shoot candid images without anybody noticing you
- How to tell a story with your photos
- How to ask people to take street portraits
- The best technical settings to use in street photography
- The secret of converting your photos into beautiful black and whites
- How to deal with people who get offended by street photography
- How to capture “the decisive moment”
- The laws of street photography
- What makes a “good street photograph” and more…
The workshop will consist of presentations by Eric Kim with insightful tips and techniques for shooting captivating street photographs and plenty of group discussions for improving your own work. You will also be given the opportunity to showcase your current street photography work, and get helpful comments and critiques. Not only that, but you will be able to shoot on the streets with other passionate street photographers as well.
What differentiates this street photography workshop with that of other is that it will be very hands-on and will cover practical tips and tricks of how to shoot on the streets. On both days you will have the opportunity to test out your skills through an accompanied on-the-street photography assignment . After the assignment, all participants will be able to get their images commented and critiqued on by Eric Kim and all participants.
Not only will you learn how to shoot on the streets with more confidence, you will also learn how to master post-processing and how to create beautiful black and white images. Participants are encouraged to bring their laptops and process their images with guidance by Eric Kim.
Although street photography can be scary, this workshop will teach you the practical skills on how to become more courageous and bold. You will learn how to capture “the beauty in the mundane” through candid images of people in their ordinary environments. Street photography is a wonderful craft, and this workshop will be helpful for those who want to get their feet wet!
When we asked the participants of Eric Kim’s last workshop what they loved the most about his street photography workshop, this is what people had to say:
- “The street shooting experience and the friendly ambiance.”
- “The simplicity of his approach and doing from the heart.”
- “The friendly atmosphere.”
- “The people interaction.”
- “Sharing our photos with others.”
“Ive visited Erics Street Photography Workshop in Zurich, Switzerland. He is very cheerful, enthusiastic & passionate about photography which is addictive (in a positive way). He is also an excellent teacher. I super enjoyed the day & can recommend workshops with Eric to anyone interested in Photography. It was nice to meet him over here & hope to see him again in the future!” – Linda Bieri (Zurich, Switzerland 2011)
“First experience ever in photography. Never done anything before. Hated so much to take pictures of landscapes or people posing. This workshop has opened a totally different world to my eyes. Eric was simple and great in showing what street photography is. I was impressed with his work and the passion he has in what he does. I fell in love with Street photography and now it is almost a need to go in the streets taking pictures. Thank you so much!!” – Alessandra Scicchitano (Zurich, Switzerland 2011)
EXCLUSIVE 100% MONEY-BACK GUARANTEE
In the last street photography workshop Eric Kim taught, 100% of the 15 participants agreed that the workshop was helpful. 84.6% of the participants gave him an “Excellent” rating in terms of his instruction. Therefore we are confident that you will absolutely love Eric Kim’s workshop or we will give you 100% of your money back after the workshop.
- 2 full days of hands-on instruction and shooting on the streets
- Post-processing tutorials
- Meals (Breakfast and Lunch)
- Snacks and drinks
- FREE Lightroom 3 Street Photography Presets (Lomo, Black and White, Old School, etc).
- FREE T-shirt from Eric Kim’s Street Photography store (Link)
- A Leica Representative will also come who will provide Leica M9’s and lenses for you to shoot and test out.
WORKSHOP TIME AND FEE
Time: July 30-31st (Saturday and Sunday), 10am-6pm
Workshop Fee: $300
Location: Fourth Floor Gallery (6404 Hollywood Blvd, Los Angeles, CA 90028)
Workshop cap: 10 participants (4 spots remaining)
ABOUT ERIC KIM:
Based in the urban streets of Los Angeles, Eric Kim is a street photographer who captures thought-provoking candid images of individuals juxtaposed against their natural surroundings. As a graduate of UCLA in Sociology, Eric applies his passion for photography and social interaction throughout different fields in his life. He is currently working on a street photography book and has taught street photography workshops all around the world, including Lebanon, the UK, Switzerland, and Los Angeles.
Eric Kim’s Portfolio: http://erickimphotography.com