Initial impressions being back in Hanoi (compared to living here 2 years ago):
What I love
- More relaxed pace of life- I like the flexible “rubber band time” culture of Vietnam/Hanoi.
- Extreme hospitality — very nice compared to the states.
- Sense of entrepreneurial spirit. It seems the most successful people here are NOT on some corporate ladder— but instead start their own businesses.
- Super good coffee, WiFi, coffee shops — probably the ideal creative space/paradise.
- I love the “scrappy” spirit — Vietnam culture is about iterating quickly, getting things done quickly, utilizing connections, not being wasteful, and a strong sense of hustle and entrepreneurial spirit.
- Better leverage of social connections. No shyness asking people for help.
Ideal Creative Mode of Living
- Affordable cost of living.
- Lots of educated and skilled/creative laborers here to collaborate with.
- Rapidly growing economic opportunities; more fun and optimistic feelings here!