The best camera is the simplest “stand alone” camera.
Currently I think the best standalone digital camera is the Fujifilm XF10, shooting JPEG in SR+ mode.
This is my rationale:
- Strong integrated flash: The biggest superiority over shooting with a smartphone.
- Fits in your front pocket: If your camera is literally pocketable, you will carry it with you everywhere you go, and you will thus shoot more. And the more you shoot, the happier and more motivated you will be in your photography!
- Great artificial intelligence integrated: SR+ mode means “scene recognition” mode, which means the camera automatically optimizes your photos to look as awesome as possible, regardless of the lighting situation.
- Very affordable: The best camera is the most affordable camera. The Fujifilm XF10 costs $500 USD, which is the best “bang for the buck” digital camera on the market. It also has an APS-C DSLR-sized sensor — which means this small camera packs a mighty punch.
- Good ergonomics: Comfortable to hold, good build quality, and clean minimalist aesthetics.
- Closeup capabilities via macro mode: You can focus very close, which opens up more photo opportunities!
Black and white photos on XF10
Color photos on XF10
The best camera is the simplest camera
The best camera isn’t the one with the best image quality. The best camera isn’t the one with the most megapixels. The best camera isn’t the most expensive one.
The best camera is always with you, the best camera is simple to shoot (point and shoot), unassuming, inexpensive, compact, lightweight, and easy to shoot with.
The best camera allows you to turn off your brain when you’re shooting photos. The camera allows you to get into a “zen zone” and just focus on shooting.
What about RICOH GR II?
RICOH GR II is also one of the greatest digital cameras ever made. But now with SR+ Mode on Fujifilm XF10, I think the Fujifilm XF10 is the new king.
But if you want the best simple monochrome camera, shoot with RICOH GR II, shoot in RAW, and use ERIC KIM PRESETS.
For both the RICOH GR II and Fujifilm XF10, use ERIC KIM WRIST STRAP.
Of course this is just my opinion. Discover the best camera for yourself!
$ 49 – $ 149
Camera StrapsView products
HAPTIC EXCLUSIVE: New ERIC KIM Neck Strap Mark IIAdd to cart
New Henri Neck Strap Mark IIISelect options
$ 10 – $ 29
My First Photography Book Limited Edition Hardcover + Free Mobile BonusSelect options
HAPTIC EXCLUSIVE: New ERIC KIM Wrist Strap Mark IIAdd to cart
SUITS by Eric Kim Limited First Edition Hardcover PhotobookAdd to cart
The Artist [FLASH SALE]Add to cart
$ 79 – $ 89
ERIC KIM CaseSelect options
RICOH MAFIA ArtwearSelect options
HAPTIC Fukubukuro BoxJoin Waiting List
The Digital Nomad [FLASH SALE]Add to cart
The Film ShooterRead more