To celebrate our love of books, we present to you HAPTIC PRESS BOX. The box includes all of our current HAPTIC PRESS books:
Only a limited number of HAPTIC PRESS BOXES will be available. We print in small artisanal print runs from California, so pick up a box before they run out.
> Purchase your HAPTIC PRESS BOX here.
HAPTIC PRESS BOOKS
BUY BOOKS, NOT GEAR
“Buy Books, Not Gear” by Eric Kim:
I love gear as much as the next guy. I always get suckered into thinking that if I buy a new camera, a new lens, or some new gadget– I will somehow be more creative, and inspired.
In reality, it never happens. All of my big breakthroughs in photography have been practicing (shooting a lot) and studying the master photographers. Especially buying photography books (lots of them). You are what you eat, if you look at lots of inspirational photography books, you will become inspired to make great images. I’ve regretted buying a ton of gear in the past, but have never regretted investing in photography books.
Also as an added bonus, here are some non-photography books which have influenced my life deeply:
- Meditations by Marcus Aurelius
- Antifragile by Nassim Taleb
- Letters From a Stoic by Seneca
- Tao Te Ching (Stephen Mitchell Version)
- Sapiens by Yuval Noah Harari
- Epictetus – Of Human Freedom
- Debt: The first 5,000 years
- The Paradox of Choice by Barry Schwartz
- Seneca – On the shortness of life
- The Illiad
- Elon Musk Biography
- Steve Jobs Biography by Walter Isaacson
- The 4 Hour Workweek
- The Life-Changing Magic of Tidying Up
- Zero to One – Peter Thiel
- The Power of No – James Altucher
- The Obstacle is the Way – Ryan Holiday