I am very excited to announce my new free PDF e-book: “Street Photography Contact Sheets.” This book was born out of my desire to share my process of shooting street photography; in terms of how I shoot, how I select my best shots– all in the hope that this will be useful to you.
The main inspiration was from “Magnum Contact Sheets,” which I believe is the most useful (and educational photography book) that has ever been printed.
Here are some things I cover in the book:
- Why are contact sheets important?
- Behind-the-scenes behind some of my most iconic images
- How to “work the scene”
- What goes through my mind when selecting my favorite images
- How to talk to strangers
- How to overcome your fear of approaching a stranger
- Shooting candidly vs with permission
I am also excited to share that there are two contact sheets by Josh White, one of my closest friends featured in this book.
The book is “open source” — meaning you can share, download, and remix it to your heart’s content.
Other Free E-Books
Download all my e-books for free here: Direct Download (191MB)
- 100 Lessons From the Masters of Street Photography (2016)
- The Street Photography Composition Manual (2015)
- The Street Portrait Manual (2015)
- Street Photography 101: An Introduction to Street Photography (2015)
- Street Photography Aphorisms, Heuristics, and Sayings (2015)
- How to Overcome Photographer’s Block (2015)
- The Social Media Blackbook for Photographers (2015)
- Zen in the Art of Street Photography (2015)
- Letters from a Street Photographer (2015)
- 31 Days to Overcome Your Fear in Street Photography (2012)