The theme of this contest is going to be “The Decisive Moment” as a tribute to Henri Cartier-Bresson, the definitive master of street photography. For the contest you will submit your best street photograph that best highlights the aesthetic of “The Decisive Moment”. I am excited to see all your entries.
How the Contest Is Going to Work
- Phase 1: From August 18-September 2nd you will email me your best street photographs of “The Decisive Moment”
- Phase 2: On September 5th I will choose the 20 best street photographs and will compile them in a Facebook album on my Facebook fan page. People will then vote on their favorite entries to make it to the Top 10 (from September 5th-14th).
- Phase 3: On September 14th I will judge the Top 10 entries and announce the Top 3 winners.
How to Enter
- “Like” Eric Kim Photography and Lens Bracelets on Facebook!
- Choose your favorite street photograph of “The Decisive Moment” that you have ever shot and email it to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Send the photo in a JPEG file resized to 760px (only one photo per entry)
- Include the following information in the body of the email:
- Location you shot the image:
- Tell us the story behind your image (4-8 sentences):
- What you love most about street photography (any length):
- On September 14th, I will announce the 1st, 2nd, and 3rd prize winners
- All winners will have their images featured on my blog and will also have the chance to tell the stories behind their images
- The first prize winner will win 3 Lens Bracelets
- The second prize winner will win 2 Lens Bracelets
- The third prize winner will win 1 Lens Bracelet
Rules & FAQ
- Each participant is only allowed to enterÂ 1 image.
- Anyone can enter the contest
- Entries can be either film or digital.
- We deserve the right to disqualify any inappropriate images.
Excited to see all of your wonderful entries!
Got any questions, comments, or concerns? If so, leave a comment below! I will also put up reminder blog posts along the way.